Mechanical Engineering job descriptionJob Ads
Mechanical Engineering is an area related to the procedures that transform energy gained from natural resources into mechanic energy. Professionals working on this field are Mechanical Engineers and they are required to design and build machinery that use energy to generate a practical use. Examples of machineries created by these engineers are electric saws and elevators. They may work at different industries including automobiles, environmental pollution, manufacturing processes, environmental systems, among many other sectors.
Professionals working on Mechanical Engineering area usually perform many of the following tasks:
• Carrying out researches.
• Suggesting procedures to modify products.
• Assessing technical drawings.
• Testing prototypes.
• Analyzing theoretical blueprints.
• Having math skills.
• Being able to combine technical and logic expertise.
• Having good written and verbal communication skills.
• Being able to predict problems.
• Having IT skills.
• Being able to work with a team.
• Having high attention to details.
• Being able to delegate work.
• Having science skills.
• Having time management skills.
Persons who want to work in the Mechanical Engineering industry need to have a Bachelor´s Degree related to this field as a minimum requirement. These programs require applicants having a good background in sciences and mathematics. Many students take a full or part time study program in order to obtain an Undergraduate Degree for this area. The first two years of these courses include subjects such as social sciences, chemistry, humanities, computing, among other topics. Heat transfer, thermodynamics, solid mechanics, vibrations, fluid mechanics, and stress analysis are included in the last two years of study. There are two exams for professionals who want to have a license in this field and they are the Fundamentals of Engineering and Principle and Practice of Engineering.
Job Offer Trends
Overview According to our data, these are the percent of job offers for mechanical engineering.
Last 12 months
Companies According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top companies that are hiring for mechanical engineering.
Last 12 monthsMore companies
Job Types According to our data, in percentages, these are the top job types available for mechanical engineering.
Categories According to our data, by number of offers, these are the most popular categories for mechanical engineering.
Cities According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top locations to get hired for mechanical engineering.
Mechanical Engineering Jobs
Latest Job Offers
Mechanical Engineering Technician _ San Jose, CA,
San Jose, California 95131
Urgent requirement for Packaging Engineer// Phoenix, Arizona//Onsite
Urgent requirement for Project Engineer//Windsor, Connecticut//Full Time//Onsite
Benton Harbor, Michigan 49023
Urgent Hiring - Manufacturing Engineer II - Mansfield, MA
Mansfield, Massachusetts 02048
Senior Interiors Engineer (Aerospace Experience Required)
Indianapolis, Indiana 46278
Mechanical Engineering Technician
Tech 1, Mechanical Engineering
Senior ManagerDirector of Mechanical Engineering
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Most Popular Job Searches
- Volunteer Mechanical Engineering
- Remote Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Mechanical Engineering Supervisor
- Mechanical Engineering Robotics
- Mechanical Engineering Manager
- Mechanical Engineering Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering Faculty
- Mechanical Engineering Description
Related Job Descriptions
- Chemical Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Cost Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Design Manager
- Development Engineer
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Engineering Technician
- Entry Level Chemical Engineering
- Entry Level Civil Engineering
- Entry Level Electrical Engineering
- Entry Level Engineering
- Entry Level Mechanical Engineering
- Field Service Engineer
- Industrial Engineering
- Interior Designer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering
- Piping Designer
- Project Engineer
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Quality Control Manager
- Quality Engineer
- Quality Service Manager
- Quality Technician
- Service Engineer
- Service Technician
- Test Engineer
- Ultrasound Technician