Forklift Operator job descriptionJob Ads
Forklift Operators are required to use powered industrial trucks to move materials. They may work in a wide variety of settings, including factories, warehouse facilities, loading docks, supply yards, among other places. These operators are responsible for loading and unloading trucks and other vehicles and ships. They team up with production workers in order to make sure that different types of products are stocked properly and the work area and equipment are clean.
Forklift Operators usually perform many of the following tasks:
• Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines.
• Lubricating equipment.
• Lifting raw materials and finished products.
• Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards.
• Dumping materials into machine hoppers.
• Being able to stand for a long time.
• Having good sense of balance.
• Being able to follow precise instructions.
• Having documenting skills.
• Being able to handle light and heavy lifting with ease.
• Having knowledge of all safety measures needed for that work.
• Being able to judge distance.
• Having good eye-hand-foot coordination.
• Being physically fit.
• Having knowledge of warehouse inventory.
Forklift Operator jobs do not have formal education requirements, but it is recommended that candidates have a High School Diploma or equivalent qualification as a minimum. They are also required to have basic computer skills and a good literacy level to handle order forms and other paperwork with ease. Many companies offer on the job training programs in order to teach suitable skills and knowledge to new employees. These schemes include classroom hours where candidates watch videos about safe driving techniques and attend lectures. Then they have practical training by operating a forklift under the supervision of an experienced operator.
Job Offer Trends
Overview According to our data, these are the percent of job offers for forklift operator.
Last 12 months
Companies According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top companies that are hiring for forklift operator.
Last 12 monthsMore companies
Job Types According to our data, in percentages, these are the top job types available for forklift operator.
Categories According to our data, by number of offers, these are the most popular categories for forklift operator.
Cities According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top locations to get hired for forklift operator.
Forklift Operator Jobs
Latest Job Offers
Warehouse Worker - Forklift Operator - 3rd Shift
Findlay, United States
Warehouse Worker- Forklift Operator- 2nd Shift
Princeton, United States
Statesville, North Carolina
Most Popular Job Searches
- Warehouse Forklift Operator
- Certified Forklift Operator
- Forklift Technician
- Forklift Mechanic
- Forklift Driver
- Warehouse Forklift Driver
- Forklift Driver Needed
- Electric Forklift Mechanic
- Winch Operator
- Welding Operator
Related Job Descriptions