Air Traffic Controller job descriptionJob Ads
Air Traffic Controllers are required to work in the National Airspace System to coordinate the movement of air traffic and ensure that planes stay at a safe distance from each other. Their primary duties have to do with safety issues, but they are also responsible for minimizing plane delays efficiently. Some of these controllers regulate air traffic through designated airspaces, while others regulate departures and arrivals at the airport. They may work for the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. Department of Defense or for private air traffic control companies.
Air Traffic Controllers usually perform many of the following tasks:
• Being in constant touch with pilots to give them guidance.
• Monitoring machines and equipment for radio communication.
• Examining weather conditions.
• Notifying to higher authorities in case of emergency.
• Keeping records of flights which they have handled.
Overview According to our data, these are the percent of job offers for air traffic controller.
Last 12 months
Job Types According to our data, in percentages, these are the top job types available for air traffic controller.
Categories According to our data, by number of offers, these are the most popular categories for air traffic controller.
Air Traffic Controller Jobs
Latest Job Offers
North Charleston, SC
Oklahoma City, OK
Most Popular Job Searches
- Air Traffic Technician
- Air Traffic Management
- International Air Traffic Control
- Dod Air Traffic Control
- Contract Air Traffic Control
- Air Traffic Control Assistant
- Air Traffic Control Tower Operator
- Traffic Planner
- Traffic Operator
Related Job Descriptions