Real Estate Appraiser job descriptionJob Ads
Real Estate Appraisers are responsible for evaluating the market value of real estate properties. This value is an estimate price of a home to be placed on the market. They use two methods to determine the value of a property. The first one compares the specific property with recent sale prices of comparable houses in the same area. The second method is used when there is not a reliable record to compare the price of the property, for instance, new constructions, and other factors are taken into account.
Real Estate Appraisers usually perform many of the following tasks:
• Searching public records for transactions.
• Obtaining county land values.
• Evaluating neighborhoods and lands.
• Photographing exteriors and interiors of properties.
• Computing final estimation of property values.
• Having business skills.
• Being able to listen and answer any question about this field.
• Having high attention to details.
• Being able to understand paragraphs and sentences in work related documents.
• Having decision making skills.
• Being trustworthy.
• Having math skills.
• Being analytical.
• Having good written and verbal communication skills.
• Being able to find alternative solutions to problems.
There are no specific academic qualifications to be a Real Estate Appraiser, though it is recommended to have a Bachelor´s Degree related to this industry, such as Finance, Economics, or Business. All professionals working on this field must be licensed by a financial or government institution. This qualification requires that applicants have a Bachelor´s Degree or equivalent college credit hours and pass a real estate examination. Among licenses for professionals of this area are the Certified General Real Property Appraiser, the State Licensed Appraiser, and the State Certified Residential Real Property Appraiser.
Job Offer Trends
Overview According to our data, these are the percent of job offers for real estate appraiser.
Last 12 months
Companies According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top companies that are hiring for real estate appraiser.
Last 12 monthsMore companies
Job Types According to our data, in percentages, these are the top job types available for real estate appraiser.
Categories According to our data, by number of offers, these are the most popular categories for real estate appraiser.
Cities According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top locations to get hired for real estate appraiser.
Real Estate Appraiser Jobs
Latest Job Offers
$63,256.00 - $75,908.00 Annually
400 W. Market Street Greensboro, NC
$61,185.47 - $90,414.70 Annually
(Metro Square) Saint Paul, MN
Loan Officer Assistant/Processor
Oakland, California 94605
Real Estate Appraiser - Denver, CO / Dallas, TX
Denver, CO, United States
$35.00 - $39.00/Hour
San Angelo, TX
Cleveland, OH, US
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Most Popular Job Searches
- Real Estate Appraiser Trainee
- Real Estate
- Referral Real Estate Agents
- Real Estate Virtual Assistant
- Real Estate Underwriting
- Real Estate Specialist
- Real Estate Salesperson
- Real Estate Sales Manager
- Real Estate Sales Associate
- Real Estate Research Analyst
Related Job Descriptions
- Apartment Maintenance
- Apartment Manager
- Building Maintenance
- Commercial Real Estate
- Construction Estimator
- Construction Manager
- Contracts Manager
- Entry Level Construction
- Facilities Manager
- Land Surveyor
- Overseas Construction
- Property Manager
- Site Engineer
- Site Manager
- Urban Planner