Product Manager job descriptionJob Ads
Under the umbrella of sales and marketing, a product manager works for a large company and is involved in the direction of a particular line of product. This position involves high level of experience working in the field and knowledge of marketing in order to succeed at promoting a particular product.
A product manager’s job is to look into and research the products for a company or organisation. They must take many factors into consideration, such as demographic and competition, as well as how the product fits in with the company’s business model. The manager of a product may work to promote multiple products at the same time.
Qualifications for product managing roles often include degrees in the field of marketing, product desing, product management and business. A person in this role generally has some experience within the particular field and a demonstrated ability. Salaries differ greatly from company to company, with some top employers paying as much as £100,000 per year.
Product managers oversee the production cycle of a company. They work to ensure that a product is not only successfully marketed, but also has a high quality. They often times distribute product samples to gain consumer opinions or heighten market expectations. Mangers often review product specifications, evaluate the quality, and recommend changes.
Functions of a product manager include:
• Maintain product quality
• Checking for product inconsistencies
• Coordinating with other departments
• Meeting with managers and stakeholders
• Delegating responsibilities
• Implementing and enforcing regulatory compliance standards
• Ensuring workplace safety
• Controlling productivity
• Assessing employee performance
• Recommending marketing strategies
• Surveying consumers
• Developing industry knowledge and awareness Product managers receive very competitive wage packages, especially if they have many years of experience working in the industry. Salaries are job dependent and influenced by many external factors, outside of the manager’s experience. They can work normal office hours, or on shifts, they do work overtime hours as they have deadlines to accomplish.
Overview According to our data, these are the percent of job offers for product manager.
Last 12 months
Companies According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top companies that are hiring for product manager.
Last 12 monthsMore companies
Job Types According to our data, in percentages, these are the top job types available for product manager.
Categories According to our data, by number of offers, these are the most popular categories for product manager.
Product Manager Jobs
Latest Job Offers
$180,000 - $220,000
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Washington, D.C., DC, United States
Most Popular Job Searches
- Product Manager Product Head
- Technical Product Manager
- Software Product Manager
- Senior Product Manager Director
- Senior Product Manager
- Remote Product Manager
- Product Manager Statistics
- Product Manager Startup
- Product Manager Pharma
- Product Manager Insurance
Related Job Descriptions
- Art Director
- Brand Manager
- Copy Editor
- Event Planner
- Events Manager
- Fashion Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Executive
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Research
- Online Marketing
- Production Assistant
- Sales Marketing Manager
- Technical Writer
- Web Designer