Business Travel Consultant job descriptionJob Ads
Handling the travel arrangements of business and executive people or accounts is the responsibility of a Business Travel Consultant. Their job involves conducting research and collecting information on the destinations, flights and hotels that their clientele will travel to. They select the most reliable, safe, industry compliant and luxurious options to recommend to their customers.
Having a love for travel is typically a common trait of people who work in this field. Business Travel Consultants work normal office hours and receive lucrative remuneration for their services. If they work as fulltime employees, they receive good benefits. These may include commissions, insurance, health care and vacation packages.
A Business Travel Consultant usually performs many of the following tasks:
• Planning itineraries
• Advising clients
• Booking hotels, air or sea travel, and car rentals
• Researching travel information
• Assuring client satisfaction
• Networking with industry professionals
• Marketing their services
• Planning and prioritizing
• Meeting targets
• Customer service
• Being bilingual or multilingual
• Being detail oriented
• Oral and written communication
• Time management
• Managing interpersonal relationships]
• Being amicable and approachable
• Being professional and assertive
• Computer knowledge
• Comprehensive industry knowledge
• Stress management
The following are a list of qualifications they are helpful in attaining a Business Travel Consultant position.
• Certified Travel Counselor (CTC)
• Certified Travel Associate (CTA)
• Institute for Certified Travel Agents (ICTA)
• Hospitality Management Diploma
• Tourism Management Bachelors Or Masters Degree
Having a mastery of foreign languages is a major asset, especially Spanish, French, and Chinese in working as a Travel Consultant. Also, comprehensive knowledge of other areas such as marketing, business, geography, weather, local customs, travel documentation and other travel related information is an asset.
Job Offer Trends
Overview According to our data, these are the percent of job offers for business travel consultant.
Last 12 months
Companies According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top companies that are hiring for business travel consultant.
Last 12 monthsMore companies
Job Types According to our data, in percentages, these are the top job types available for business travel consultant.
Categories According to our data, by number of offers, these are the most popular categories for business travel consultant.
Cities According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top locations to get hired for business travel consultant.
Business Travel Consultant Jobs
Latest Job Offers
Atlanta, GA 30308
Immigration & Relocation Expert
St. Louis, MO, US
806644 - Hydrogeologist or Environmental Engineer
Waterloo, ON N2L6R5, CA
805595 - Early Career Structural Engineer
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Business Administration Assistant - Management Training
$60,000 - $65,000/Year
SAP WM/MM/IM Sr Business Consultant
Senior Microsoft Online Technical Consultant
New York County, New York
Visual Vault SaaS product Consultant
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Most Popular Job Searches
- Travel Consultant
- Business Travel
- Business Consultant
- Virtual Travel Consultant
- Travel Operations Consultant
- Travel Consultant Agent
- Senior Travel Consultant
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Business Travel Sales Manager
- Small Business Consultant
Related Job Descriptions