Management Consultant job descriptionJob Ads
Management Consultants are responsible for providing an objective and unbiased advice as regards strategy, management and operations as well as the structure of a business. The goals of management consultants are twofold:
1. Identify the problems afflicting the business, and
2. Provide or propose solutions to these problems.
The work of management consultants revolve around a wide spectrum of services that include marketing, business strategy, supply-chain management, financial and management control, information technology, and e-business and operations.
However, not all management consultants offer all of these services. In contrast to those offering end-to-end solutions, some specialist firms, often called niche firms, offer specialized services.
Essentially, consultancy is project-based and therefore entrepreneurial in nature. Depending on the type of consultancy, company and client’s demands, the length of projects would vary considerably. Consultancy projects may involve a large team of management consultants or just a single individual. A large team of consultants may be based at one location or they may be scattered across the globe.
Here’s a typical set of consultancy tasks:
• Analyzing and identifying problems,
• Formulation of hypotheses in relation to identified issues,
• Research and data collection,
• Interviewing client’s employees, stakeholders as well as the management team,
• Preparing business proposals and presentations,
• Conducting workshops,
• Managing projects and programs, and
• To see that the client gets adequate assistance in implementing solutions.
Management consultants are needed when a business is unable to resolve certain issues on its own as regards reorganizing the business, filling in of a temporary vacancy or in building a start-up business. Consultants take an unbiased view of the business to help them identify crucial issues plaguing the business, which are often hard to see from the vantage point of the business owner.
Overview According to our data, these are the percent of job offers for management consultant.
Last 12 months
Companies According to our data, by number of offers, these are the top companies that are hiring for management consultant.
Last 12 monthsMore companies
Job Types According to our data, in percentages, these are the top job types available for management consultant.
Categories According to our data, by number of offers, these are the most popular categories for management consultant.
Management Consultant Jobs
Latest Job Offers
Los Angeles, California
Trenton, NJ, US
$48,000 - $58,000/Year
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Minnetonka, MN, US
Most Popular Job Searches
- Retail Management Consultant
- Records Management Consultant
- Product Management Consultant
- Management Consultant Firms
- International Management Consultant
- Healthcare Management Consultant
- Health Management Consultant
- Business Management Consultant
- Automotive Management Consultant
- Workday Consultant
Related Job Descriptions