Professionals, who provide technical support, perform trouble-shooting functions and resolve customer issues are known as Technical Consultants. Consults become highly knowledgeable about the company’s products or applications so that they can assist users, employees, and clients with any issues they may have.
These consultants must possess skills in organization, teaching, and planning so that they can coordinate with departments to conduct training. These departments may include marketing, sales, and information technology. They review and prepare documentation, manuals, and brochures on the capabilities and functions of different applications.
Technical Consultants work in offices and work normal business hours. They receive lucrative salaries and good benefits. Senior professionals have the opportunity to make three times as much as entry-level employees.
The responsibilities of a Technical Consultant include:
• Conducting training sessions and seminars
• Reporting on daily responsibilities and tasks
• Resolving client issues
• Testing products and applications
• Documenting processes and application instructions
• Supporting and troubleshooting software issues
• Attending meetings, sessions and other company events
• Generating innovate ideas
• Interpersonal skills
• Analytical and quantitative skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Organization and flexibility
• Technical knowledge
• Experience in system administration
• Adept learning skills
• Cooperation and willingness
Technical Consultants should possess a Bachelor's Degree education. This degree may be in a Computer Science or Engineering background. Employers usually provide on the job training to add to their procedural expertise.
- Technical Consultant Travel Required
- Technical Consultant Specialist
- Technical Consultant Companies
- Senior Technical Consultant Description
- Senior Technical Consultant
- SAP Technical Consultant
- SAP Crm Technical Consultant
- Peoplesoft Technical Consultant
- Oracle Technical Consultant
- Oracle Erp Technical Consultant