Esthetician job description
Estheticians are responsible for providing services related to the skin appearance such as facial skin care and skin cleansing to their customers. Other treatments applied by these professionals are facial massages, makeup, foot reflexology, facial hair removal and waxing procedures. They may work at spas, health clubs, beauty salons or in their own skin clinics. These specialists also help people with damaged skin or skins disorders.
Estheticians usually perform many of the following tasks:
• Providing information about skin care products.
• Performing different skin care treatments.
• Analyzing client´s skin.
• Removing unwanted hair from face.
• Applying makeup.
• Having in depth knowledge of skin care.
• Being polite.
• Having good communication skills.
• Being able to assess client´s needs.
• Having time management skills.
• Being able to work alone or with a team.
• Having interpersonal skills.
• Being able to administer chemical treatments.
• Having problem solving skills.
• Being physically fit.
Persons who want to be Estheticians are required to have a High School Diploma or equivalent degrees as minimum academic qualifications. Candidates for these jobs need to have a Cosmetology Certification or Diploma and then specialize in skin treatments. These courses are offered by several community colleges and beauty schools. Salons and spas have entry level positions for licensed estheticians. where new employers observe how experienced estheticians work in order to get suitable knowledge and skills for these jobs. Another good option to get experience is working for skin care products companies where it is not mandatory to have previous experience. License is granted for those who have a degree from an approved training program and at least sixteen years old.
Top Location for Esthetician:
- Irving, TX (6)
Related Job Descriptions
Find here job descriptions related to Retail
- Assistant Store Manager
- Fashion Designer
- Floor Manager
- General Store Manager
- Hair Stylist
Top Companies hiring now:
The most popular companies hiring now Esthetician are