Cna job description
Certified Nursing Assistants or CNA are required to help nurses and physicians to treat patients at medical offices, nursing homes, hospitals, among other medical facilities. They are trained to assist patients with ambulatory care and help disabled patients to get around to where they need to be. These professionals also help persons at hospitals during their meal time. They make sure that patients have proper hygiene by bathing them and brushing their teeth or hair.
CNA or Certified Nursing Assistants usually perform many of the following tasks:
• Feeding patients.
• Cleaning rooms.
• Reporting significant changes in patient´s health.
• Dressing patients.
• Collecting samples.
• Having theoretical knowledge of medical matter.
• Being able to empathize with patients.
• Having good communication skills.
• Being able to work under stressful circumstances.
• Having cheerful personality.
• Being able to work with people from different backgrounds.
• Having high attention to details.
• Being an active listener.
• Having interpersonal skills.
• Being able to work with a team.
Persons who want to be Certified Nursing Assistants or CNA are required to have a High School Diploma or equivalent qualifications to enter to a CNA training program. These courses are offered by local community colleges. Once candidates finish their training program they need to pass an examination to become certified. This qualification demonstrates that the person is competent to perform the tasks that are required in this field. Associations for professionals working on this sector are the American Public Health Association, the American Nurses Association, the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing, among others. Some persons working on this field decide to have further education and become nurses.
Top Location for Cna:
- Columbia, SC (149)
Related Job Descriptions
Find here job descriptions related to Finance
Users who search for Finance might also be interested in:
Top Companies hiring now:
The most popular companies hiring now Cna are
- Bayada Home Health Care (442)
- Kindred Healthcare (348)
- Life Care Centers Of America (343)
- Brightstar Care (314)
- Interim Healthcare (299)